Please comment my ranchu.

Ranchu^Boy
TUNA
TUNA

Please comment my ranchu.

Post by Ranchu^Boy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:35 am

http://www.arowanafishtalk.com/forums/a ... 1391045071

Hi, i will be really appreciated if you can give me some comments about my Angel. 

My opinion as a newbie. She has nice smooth curve. Is she an egg or coin shape? I am not too sure about her shape cos at times it looks more like egg and at times,coin. Is her body too short? Can she grow bigger? She has nice futan. Am i right? I suppose her head need more pumping up. Color wise its alright. I think her tail set is okay. The correct angle. Am i right?

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Re: Please comment my ranchu.

Post by LauLanChu » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:07 pm

Same fish in the video? same comment.
LauLanChu

Ranchu^Boy
TUNA
TUNA

Post by Ranchu^Boy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:44 pm

Yes same fish but what is decent fish? It would be nice if you could be more specific. Strange. It's kinda hard to get people to comment on your fish, in my case whereas in other post, so many. lol.

No worry mates. Thank you for ya time.

Gong Xi Fa Cai.
新年快了。

Naotaka
UNICORN
UNICORN

Post by Naotaka » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:01 am

Your fish is a lionhead ranchu probably Thai...female fish ....tail slightly too big as compared to body ....
Not a young fish....cannot grow big....back curve is smooth but the highest point is near tail making it look like a bullet instead of egg....color need enhancement .....the fish look constipated or full of eggs...observe whether any poo after eating....advise to keep in bare tank....
naotaka ImageImage

Ranchu^Boy
TUNA
TUNA

Post by Ranchu^Boy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:27 am

Hi,

Highest point is near tail making, meaning body too short right?
How can you tell is not a young fish and cant grow big? One question though. Can she still grow or not at all?
Why must observe any poo after eating?
Wont be breeding them cos breeding is suppose to improve your quality and you need the knowledge and experience to do just that. As a newbie and beginner, i rather learn more about the breed first as thats more vital in my ranchu journey. I do not believe in breeding just for the sake of breeding or to make extra cash. Besides, i think it will be harder for me to let go the offsprings. Just me. No offence please.
Yes, i have removed all the colorful stones. Its a bare tank now. Keep it simple. Was advised to do it by James anyway :geek:

Seem like i still have a lot to learn.

Thanks Naotaka for your comment. It means a lot to me. Appreciated.

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:23 am

Okay I give more comments.

As what said the arc is abrupt and angle incorrectly to my liking, making the fish shape looks not balance and short. This pc from the video is struggling a bit while swimming, and advise is you have to control feeding slightly. The not very nice clumsy swimming posture is due to the mentioned body shape and slight big stomach.

I said this pc is 'finished' by comparing the scales size around the stomach and back bone. Growth in size is difficult but with right keeping color and head growth can be improved.

Your the other pc in the video is better.

Truth sometimes hurt if you want frank comment. Hope you don't mind.
LauLanChu

Ranchu^Boy
TUNA
TUNA

Post by Ranchu^Boy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:12 pm

Appreciated your honest comments. Without that, i will never learn. I ought to thank ya for your willingness to share with me. Truth hurt indeed, i must admit but nevertheless, cant expect much since i got them knowing that they are non show grade.

I do really have so much to learn cos having smooth curve isnt good enough. Must really talk to the pro and learn more about the arc and angle. Best is to have something to compare to, show grade vs non show grade. Visually i reckon will be easier to learn.

LLC, not to worry. I dont mind at all.

Ranchu^Boy
TUNA
TUNA

Post by Ranchu^Boy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:30 pm

http://www.arowanafishtalk.com/forums/a ... 1391145905

This is my boy, Charlie. Please comment.

Naotaka
UNICORN
UNICORN

Post by Naotaka » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:36 am

Young lionhead ranchu probably Thai origin...tail slightly big...curve smooth...consider grade A need some skill u grooming tis future fish....
naotaka ImageImage

Ranchu^Boy
TUNA
TUNA

Post by Ranchu^Boy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:26 am

Grooming? Im learning the rope of keeping them alive atm, unfortunately so.

Perhaps you want to share with me what should i be grooming for and how should i be grooming? Your valueable sharing will be deeply appreciated.

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:36 pm

Grooming is not few words and can be taught. It goes with years of experience and trial and error.
LauLanChu

jensonchew
QILIN
QILIN

Post by jensonchew » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:47 am

Hmm, long time never visit Finmood forum now.

Good to see some new hobbyist here with their fishes for comments for everyone to learn too.

Thanks Ranchu^Boy, bro LLC and bro Naotaka for the inputs, I also benefited from the exchange of words.

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:03 pm

Where you have you been?
LauLanChu