Tikus From Indonesia (Now in Malaysia)

tosakin_fancier
DOLPHIN
DOLPHIN

Tikus From Indonesia (Now in Malaysia)

Post by tosakin_fancier » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:39 am

Hi guys,

Its been quite a while since i posted here. Here's a video of my new tikus from Indonesia. I really like its shape and form. It has a distinctive original "Ipoh Tikus" characteristic that was once popular...it has a small head..with no wen...super round body. [bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/xDilDMzqrn0[/bbvideo]

This guy has it all in my opinion..with its short tail peduncle and well-spread tail, it complements its round round body and with a little head all comes together nicely. :D :D :D

But of course, there are many opinions on how a ping pong pearlscale should look like. All comments are welcome.

Regards,
Hilmi Hanapi
Last edited by tosakin_fancier on Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingyos..you rule my world!

wolverine
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Tikus From Indonesia (Now in Malaysia)

Post by wolverine » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:12 pm

Hi tosakin_fancier,

It is always nice to see old timer coming back to the forum to post.
Thank you.

When come to appreciation try to be as open as possible. If i may say, your definition (appreciation) for a good pearlscale match my perspective 100%. Smile.

i did a quick illustration of 2 main shape of a "big" pearlscale.

The shape should be a round and not over "pump". A good pearlscale should be the shape on the left.
Attachments
Pearl.jpg
Pearl.jpg (45.95 KiB) Viewed 933 times

tosakin_fancier
DOLPHIN
DOLPHIN

Post by tosakin_fancier » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:23 pm

Hi there,

Hahaha...yes..i tend to get carried away when i post about goldfish.. :) Will be more open in the future. :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Hmmmm, yes. There have been many discussion on how it should look like. Looks like we have telepathy...haha... since u also agree.

Actually, yes...the roundness of the body should be rounded and as close to a sphere/ping pong as it should be...and the head rests just nicely onto the bulat body. For the overpump aspect, there have been some varying opinions. Some like the head to be abit sunken, meaning it has the "head pushed in effect" and the head will appear as if it has shoulders on both side of the head.

In my humble opinion, the sunken head effect is acceptable....as long as Not Too Sunken..haha...just a little bit is fine for me.

Thanks for your view bro. Its great to have other people appreciating Tikus.

Regards,
Hilmi Hanapi

wolverine
Administrator
Administrator

Post by wolverine » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:52 am

Hi Hilmi,

With all respect, definitely i am not referring to you regarding "openness".
i meant to say, generally when come to appreciation, we have to open mind to respect individual preference.
Do pardon my bad sentence structure ............smile

Do continue to share your expertise in Pearlscale (Tikus) and we are looking forward to learn more from you.

regards.

tosakin_fancier
DOLPHIN
DOLPHIN

Post by tosakin_fancier » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:24 pm

Hi again,

Certainly, i know you mean well. Yes, will try to share as much as possible. Its been a while since i reared any Tikus. The problem among hobbyists is how to keep them alive. :)

Regards,
tosakin_fancier