tips for keeping pearl scale?

ranchulover
MARLIN
MARLIN

tips for keeping pearl scale?

Post by ranchulover » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:02 pm

juz got 2 pearlscales(sized just slightly larger than 50cent coin) juz yesterday morning,shortly just 3 hours later 1died, 1day later the other died. i selected them from the reputable lfs in serangoon north as i see they are the 2 most active and vibrant ones.
kept them in a 1ft tank with no other tankmates tested for ammonia and ph everything was fine ,as i watched them swim around they have such tiny fins that they could be easily flipped by water current from the 5watt submersible filter
the pearlscales are still lively after getting into their new home,then just 3 hours later ,1died!
my filter has power rating of only 5watts!!tried with even freshly new born guppies dosent have any problems with the filter.
i noticed the pearlscale had problem swimming up to the water surface for food(i used floating pellets) it didnt even eat those which have eventually sunk to the tank bottom.
regarding water level,how shallow do ppl mean by shallow? my water level is only 13cm depth,that is even lower that in the lfs which they used to hold these pearlscales...
wow are pearlscales that hard to keep? i had ranchus before (adult sized tho) they could last at least for months..baby pearscales,1-lasted for 3hours,the other lasted 2days -.-

kenkenstomp
QILIN
QILIN

Post by kenkenstomp » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:46 pm

To me, if my fish dies within quarantine period, then its not mine.

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:09 pm

Something not right. You either did not acclimatize or QT the fish properly.
LauLanChu