Leech problem in Gold fish

ramki_kr
TUNA
TUNA

Leech problem in Gold fish

Post by ramki_kr » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:44 am

I need you experts help urgently. I had a paid of cute orange Oranda gold fish which was doing well , subsequently,i bought another pair of black and golden oranda gold fish and let them along with this and this is where the problem started. The new pair developed white fungus in the body which spread to the orange ones and i treated them with PIMAFIX Antifungal remedy & Melafix AntiBacterial remedy and went on travel. When i came back, I noticed that the white fungus and the blood streaks had improved well but to my shock, I noticed small worms 10's and 20's of them attached to the body and tail of all the gold fishes. Some of them are swimming freely as well. I also notice two leeches stuck to the internal glass of the aquarium and move easily. I am not sure if there are more stuck to the gold fishes. I immediately purchased interpret Anti crustacean Parasite medicine and added them to my tank and also added two table spoons of salt. My tank measurements are as follows
60 cms L
55 cms H
38 cms W and can take a capacity of 125 litres of water. I added about 60 ml of Anti crustacean medicine to the tank.

My question is , am I in the right direction, is there anything more I can do to help my gold fishes. They eat so far, but mostly lie down in the tank. The black ones are doing better than the goldies. I did a 60% water change before I did this . Should i try something else, I've done these all yesterday and till date no improvement. I've been asked to wait for 7 days in the medical instructions. Is interpret a good company and ?

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Re: Leech problem in Gold fish

Post by LauLanChu » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:17 pm

Yes, picture will be good. From your description sounds like you have planaria white worm outbreak, but usually this should not harm the fish. There are commercial medication to eliminate them. Try search and read more about it.
LauLanChu