Peat and Drift Wood

Post Reply
wolverine
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2139
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:41 am

Peat and Drift Wood

Post by wolverine » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:20 am

Dear hobbyists,

Do anyone know any where that i can get good and cheap peat?
Also beautiful drift wood with nice 'rooting' form?

i'm preparing my Altum Angel tank......hehehee........

PEAT
Image

DRIFTWOOD
Image

User avatar
pijulrs
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:57 pm
Location: Malacca

Post by pijulrs » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:01 am

Cheap peat moss can be found in garden nursery but im doubt it cleaniness.Im using Azoo product as Sera range hard to find on shelf here.Try to find already planted nanas n javafern with driftwood.
Image
Im a fish kichi...

crossback
JEDI
JEDI
Posts: 3394
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:21 pm

Post by crossback » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:35 pm

Bro... Do share yr altum setup when completed....
Image

wolverine
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2139
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:41 am

Post by wolverine » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:43 am

crossback wrote:Bro... Do share yr altum setup when completed....
Aiya.....i keep goldfish for so long, so used to bare tank, so my altum tank would not be much decor. i'm just adding driftwood to bring down the pH.

Nevertheless, i will post the photo once it's ready. SMILE.

User avatar
LauLanChu
Former Staff Member
Posts: 14848
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:09 pm
Location: Singapore, North

Post by LauLanChu » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:00 pm

Use black water.
LauLanChu
Image

crossback
JEDI
JEDI
Posts: 3394
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:21 pm

Post by crossback » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:17 pm

LauLanChu wrote:Use black water.
black water..see fish not nice...
clear water nicer
Image

User avatar
pijulrs
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:57 pm
Location: Malacca

Post by pijulrs » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:35 pm

The best way to reduced PH is by using RO water mix with some tap water.Adding driftwood,peat n blackwater will replenish some mineral n vitamin that lost in RO water.
Im a fish kichi...

wolverine
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2139
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:41 am

Post by wolverine » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:16 am

pijulrs wrote:The best way to reduced PH is by using RO water mix with some tap water.Adding driftwood,peat n blackwater will replenish some mineral n vitamin that lost in RO water.
Yes, LLC you are right, that is the perfect solution. Pijulrs also mentioned that to me. But i don't have the RO water 'device'. Just wondering is that device expensive?

User avatar
pijulrs
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:57 pm
Location: Malacca

Post by pijulrs » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:45 pm

wolverine wrote:
pijulrs wrote:The best way to reduced PH is by using RO water mix with some tap water.Adding driftwood,peat n blackwater will replenish some mineral n vitamin that lost in RO water.
Yes, LLC you are right, that is the perfect solution. Pijulrs also mentioned that to me. But i don't have the RO water 'device'. Just wondering is that device expensive?
If you buy a whole set it will cost around myr3k.Or you can get it from a vending ro machine around myr0.10/per 500ml.The most FOC one is from the rainwater it self.
Im a fish kichi...

wolverine
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2139
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:41 am

Post by wolverine » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:41 pm

pijulrs wrote:
wolverine wrote:
pijulrs wrote:The best way to reduced PH is by using RO water mix with some tap water.Adding driftwood,peat n blackwater will replenish some mineral n vitamin that lost in RO water.
Yes, LLC you are right, that is the perfect solution. Pijulrs also mentioned that to me. But i don't have the RO water 'device'. Just wondering is that device expensive?
If you buy a whole set it will cost around myr3k.Or you can get it from a vending ro machine around myr0.10/per 500ml.The most FOC one is from the rainwater it self.
Waa.........the device so expensive.............hahahaa..........
i think rainwater is the best idea but, in Singapore hard to collect rainwater.

By the way, the peat and driftwood is very effective, the pH went down to 5!!!!!!

User avatar
LauLanChu
Former Staff Member
Posts: 14848
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:09 pm
Location: Singapore, North

Post by LauLanChu » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:19 pm

Seems like a pH crash.
LauLanChu
Image

User avatar
pijulrs
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:57 pm
Location: Malacca

Post by pijulrs » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:53 am

wolverine wrote:
pijulrs wrote:
wolverine wrote:
Yes, LLC you are right, that is the perfect solution. Pijulrs also mentioned that to me. But i don't have the RO water 'device'. Just wondering is that device expensive?
If you buy a whole set it will cost around myr3k.Or you can get it from a vending ro machine around myr0.10/per 500ml.The most FOC one is from the rainwater it self.
Waa.........the device so expensive.............hahahaa..........
i think rainwater is the best idea but, in Singapore hard to collect rainwater.

By the way, the peat and driftwood is very effective, the pH went down to 5!!!!!!
You are not using RO water rite?Try to maintain at this PH.Let your filter n tank cycle to another 1week or more.Perhaps after ur tank matured enough the PH will remain stable around 5.5 to 6.0.
Im a fish kichi...

Post Reply