Daphnia

Trickster

Post by Trickster » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:56 pm

Very true, plants are very important in the eco system to control green algae growth(green water) but it will not prevent blanket weed (string algae) that grow on the sides and bottom of the pond.
I'll show a pic of my pond later. I have aveum lilies, water lilies, watercrests etc... and clear water all the time in 6 hrs of full sun. I can't get water hyacinth here, I think that's the most hardy and very effective weed(banned here but Sing got plenty). Duckweed won't help but is a good food source for your fish.

goldfish kichi
UNICORN
UNICORN

Post by goldfish kichi » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:03 am

@LLC, what I meant was a rather larger plant species that will use up more nutrients than the algae themselves. I've read this page and I find it rather useful and bro trickster mentioned about the types of plants to cultivate. Hope that you'll find the information useful.
http://www.watergarden.org/Pond-Info/Control-Algae

Trickster

Post by Trickster » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:35 am

Another plant that you can use is Kangkong and you can harvest it to make "fried blanchan chillie kangkong" too, very easy to grow.

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:04 pm

Thanks.

From the artcle looks like UVC is the best effective method. Others are maybe control.
LauLanChu

goldfish kichi
UNICORN
UNICORN

Post by goldfish kichi » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:18 pm

Glad to be of a help.