Live Feeds

crossback
JEDI
JEDI
Posts: 3394
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:21 pm

Post by crossback » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:41 am

HNLim wrote:My fries grow very fast when I started feeding them tubifex worms.
sure one...
last time i rent pond the fries also grow faster with boon and worms and i notice faster then indoor....

feed them moreeeeeeeee..make them pui pui..hahhaha
Image

User avatar
pijulrs
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:57 pm
Location: Malacca

Post by pijulrs » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:36 am

I have one question to ask here.How to keep life tubifex worm long lasting say another 3-4day?Can I buy it, wash and keep it frozen below 0 celcius in freezer? :)
Im a fish kichi...

User avatar
ally24
Former Staff Member
Posts: 1781
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:37 pm

Post by ally24 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:47 am

whoah,
actually i would prefer not to do that
you wont know of the bacteria

User avatar
LauLanChu
Former Staff Member
Posts: 14848
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:09 pm
Location: Singapore, North

Post by LauLanChu » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:13 pm

pijulrs wrote:I have one question to ask here.How to keep life tubifex worm long lasting say another 3-4day?Can I buy it, wash and keep it frozen below 0 celcius in freezer? :)
I have tried keeping them to max. 3 days by doing regular water change (when the water turn smelly and murky). They would die probably lack of food after that. As for freezing, I have not tried as I am not sure they would die or hibernate and get preserve for freshness. :)
LauLanChu
Image

User avatar
LauLanChu
Former Staff Member
Posts: 14848
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:09 pm
Location: Singapore, North

Post by LauLanChu » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:15 pm

ally24 wrote:whoah,
actually i would prefer not to do that
you wont know of the bacteria
There are people claimed that don't touch live feeds because of bacteria. However, there are people using it without any issue. So, use at your own risk and decide for yourself. :)
LauLanChu
Image

crossback
JEDI
JEDI
Posts: 3394
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:21 pm

Post by crossback » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:38 pm

LauLanChu wrote:
ally24 wrote:whoah,
actually i would prefer not to do that
you wont know of the bacteria
There are people claimed that don't touch live feeds because of bacteria. However, there are people using it without any issue. So, use at your own risk and decide for yourself. :)
notice live feed especially tubifex makes the water a bit oily i find....
prefer feeding them FBW...
as less hassle in the changing of water for the worms...

and anyone knows which (east side) LFS sell live bloodworms??

User avatar
Backslash
HERO
HERO
Posts: 3989
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:19 pm

Post by Backslash » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:41 pm

Side track abit.... I fed my gf with banana and they enjoy eating. Anyone tried before? :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
pijulrs
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:57 pm
Location: Malacca

Post by pijulrs » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:04 pm

Banana and papaya also good for them. :)
Im a fish kichi...

User avatar
ally24
Former Staff Member
Posts: 1781
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:37 pm

Post by ally24 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:16 pm

they like egg tofu also

i wanna try chocolate soon :lol:

since it will make kids hyper, maybe will do so for gf also ahha

crossback
JEDI
JEDI
Posts: 3394
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:21 pm

Post by crossback » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:37 pm

ally24 wrote:they like egg tofu also

i wanna try chocolate soon :lol:

since it will make kids hyper, maybe will do so for gf also ahha
you do wc if you feed chocolate :shock: hahahha
make them hyper for what??

User avatar
Backslash
HERO
HERO
Posts: 3989
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:19 pm

Post by Backslash » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:17 pm

crossback wrote:
ally24 wrote:they like egg tofu also

i wanna try chocolate soon :lol:

since it will make kids hyper, maybe will do so for gf also ahha
you do wc if you feed chocolate :shock: hahahha
make them hyper for what??
Wah, are you guys joking or what? Chocolate? :shock:
ImageImageImageImage

crossback
JEDI
JEDI
Posts: 3394
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:21 pm

Post by crossback » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:40 pm

Backslash wrote:
crossback wrote:
ally24 wrote:they like egg tofu also

i wanna try chocolate soon :lol:

since it will make kids hyper, maybe will do so for gf also ahha
you do wc if you feed chocolate :shock: hahahha
make them hyper for what??
Wah, are you guys joking or what? Chocolate? :shock:
i think ally jokin.....

User avatar
LauLanChu
Former Staff Member
Posts: 14848
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:09 pm
Location: Singapore, North

Post by LauLanChu » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:10 pm

crossback wrote:
and anyone knows which (east side) LFS sell live bloodworms??
East side you have to try Pasir Ris areas :)
LauLanChu
Image

jonathan
MARLIN
MARLIN
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:57 pm

Post by jonathan » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:25 pm

Hii all....want to share also.
For me,live food very important,fish grows without lv food cant has bold body.
importantly for young fishes....live feed is a must!
tubifex for young....
earth worm for senior up....

cleaning them,easy just rinse many times as it will be fed.
I use live food everyday and there is no problem at all
FISHIFISHIFISHI

crossback
JEDI
JEDI
Posts: 3394
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:21 pm

Post by crossback » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:30 pm

where you get the earthworm?
Image

Post Reply