DE Lighting 4 Ft lighting

Hobbyists' buy/sell folder.
kitsilano
MARLIN
MARLIN

DE Lighting 4 Ft lighting

Post by kitsilano » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:53 am

Hi All...3 sets of [glow=red]DE Lighting[/glow]....4 ft 4 tubes lighting...all with[glow=red] Electronic Ballast [/glow]and reflectors. Some of the reflector clips worned and I improvised. Using daylight tube I can easily create wall algae and even green water. Will share where I buy the replacement tubes.

Asking $160 per set and will sell and want to sell hopefully all 3 to one buyer at a very good price.

Please enquire at 90184048(Richard)

Appreciate!!
Nature and wisdom never are at strife.

kitsilano
MARLIN
MARLIN

Re: DE Lighting 4 Ft lighting

Post by kitsilano » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:45 pm

One hobbyist asked whether these are T5 Lighting? Yes these are [glow=red]DE T5 Lighting[/glow]

numbertwo
MARLIN
MARLIN

Post by numbertwo » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:03 am

Using daylight tube I can easily create wall algae and even green water.
Hi,
are these 4 tubes on HO ? How many hours do you recond all 4 tubes should be turned on in order to get algae wall ? Tks for info sharing

kitsilano
MARLIN
MARLIN

Post by kitsilano » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:14 am

Hi numbertwo,

From my understanding all electronic ballast are high output. DE is a very robust light setup bcos of the electronic ballast..in fact good T5 will have to use electronic ballast otherwise they cannot perform efficiently. Lights better than DE using electronic ballast are like Giesemann and ATI LIghting and those cost many times more than DE.

About 4 to 6 hours a day for green algae and about 8 hours for green water. The reason I am letting go is I switch to 2 tubes DE n hang light higher so that I don't have green algae too rapidly....mainly because of my physical condition..I had knee replacement and frequent bending to scrub tubs is very difficult for me.

Hope this answer your queries. Light still available.

numbertwo
MARLIN
MARLIN

Post by numbertwo » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:45 am

Thanks for your reply.. .i missed this thread earlier.

I am currently using the Aquasonic T5 HO 54W twin tubes.. the problem with this AS is the ballast is very fragile, unreliable.. don't know whether it is a batch production problem... so was checking out your DE for sales earlier on. SInce I got the ballast fixed so I guess I do not need a replacement for now. Thanks a lot.

kitsilano
MARLIN
MARLIN

Post by kitsilano » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:40 pm

Hi bro...thanks for your reply

The trick to any light set up is the ballast. Electronic ballast are very robust and can withstand long usage. I used all kinds of light before till I talked to the planted tank hobbyists and will only use electronic ballast light and T5 to cultivate green wall algae or green water.