LCK Farm Visit

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

LCK Farm Visit

Post by LauLanChu » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:37 pm

Was at one of the farm lately. Here are the pictures taken to share.
ImageImage
ImageImage

By throwing your fancy goldfish into this big pond, you think it will:-
1) Lost and perish?
2) Grow to a giant?
3) Becomes skinny and stunt?

Some tubs contain nice goldfishes:-
ImageImage

You think this is green water?
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
LauLanChu

tan
DOLPHIN
DOLPHIN

Post by tan » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:44 pm

more pic>

pijulrs

Re: LCK Farm Visit

Post by pijulrs » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:27 am

LauLanChu wrote:Was at one of the farm lately. Here are the pictures taken to share.
ImageImage
ImageImage

By throwing your fancy goldfish into this big pond, you think it will:-
1) Lost and perish?
2) Grow to a giant?
3) Becomes skinny and stunt?

Some tubs contain nice goldfishes:-
ImageImage

You think this is green water?
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Bro llc,
Is it the famous rental tub in SG?Or they breed the gfs for sale? :)
Im a fish kichi...

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:32 am

Rental place and tub. :)
LauLanChu

crossback
JEDI
JEDI

Post by crossback » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:03 pm

LauLanChu wrote:Rental place and tub. :)
you have any fishes in this holiday chalet? 8)

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:03 pm

No, I have stopped sending my fishes to boarding hotel. Too much of hassel and don't enjoy the hobby. :)
LauLanChu

crossback
JEDI
JEDI

Post by crossback » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:31 pm

LauLanChu wrote:No, I have stopped sending my fishes to boarding hotel. Too much of hassel and don't enjoy the hobby. :)
hahah....i find jin mafan also....everyweek only can see once...

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:23 pm

crossback wrote:
When come to change water maintenance even worst, get change or dirty my attire, sweat, under the rain or hot sun, basically becomes a farmer like that. Some more got to scared of this and that of dengue mosquitoes, predator, theft...cannot sleep well. Even how nice your goldfish would be, can't take the sacrifies. Live becomes miserable when I start doing this, give up long time ago liao doing this else I would have given up this hobby. :!:
LauLanChu

fishylurve
PEGASUS
PEGASUS

Post by fishylurve » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:06 pm

ya i agree... when a hobby and a passion becomes more of a hassle its turns into a chore!
proud mommy of shih tzu, chinchillas and bettas!

Backslash
HERO
HERO

Post by Backslash » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:43 am

LauLanChu wrote:
crossback wrote:
When come to change water maintenance even worst, get change or dirty my attire, sweat, under the rain or hot sun, basically becomes a farmer like that. Some more got to scared of this and that of dengue mosquitoes, predator, theft...cannot sleep well. Even how nice your goldfish would be, can't take the sacrifies. Live becomes miserable when I start doing this, give up long time ago liao doing this else I would have given up this hobby. :!:
You have to change water yourself? I really dunno about all this but if you rent a pond there, not they change meh? Just like you rent a hotel room, the is housekeeper also right? :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:19 am

Backslash wrote: You have to change water yourself? I really dunno about all this but if you rent a pond there, not they change meh? Just like you rent a hotel room, the is housekeeper also right? :lol:
Haha, there are two types. One type is you basically rent the tub or tank and that's all. The topping up of water and cleaning up is all DIY and it comes with a cheaper rate. This reminds me of a landlord when I change water too often he would show me a face, how sick it is :twisted:
There is another type just like Koi hotel, you basically rent a tub and leave your fish there, feeding and water change, security included in the package, and of course come at a higher rate. The care taker would inform you when your fish is not doing well or is dead. For me why keep fish if you resort to this as care taking and grooming done by some other people. It defeats the purpose of having this hobby as you know nothing about the upkeep skill, just foot the bill. May as well buy a ready nice fish and show case in your house.
Just my thoughts. :)
LauLanChu

Backslash
HERO
HERO

Post by Backslash » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:42 pm

LauLanChu wrote:
Backslash wrote: You have to change water yourself? I really dunno about all this but if you rent a pond there, not they change meh? Just like you rent a hotel room, the is housekeeper also right? :lol:
Haha, there are two types. One type is you basically rent the tub or tank and that's all. The topping up of water and cleaning up is all DIY and it comes with a cheaper rate. This reminds me of a landlord when I change water too often he would show me a face, how sick it is :twisted:
There is another type just like Koi hotel, you basically rent a tub and leave your fish there, feeding and water change, security included in the package, and of course come at a higher rate. The care taker would inform you when your fish is not doing well or is dead. For me why keep fish if you resort to this as care taking and grooming done by some other people. It defeats the purpose of having this hobby as you know nothing about the upkeep skill, just foot the bill. May as well buy a ready nice fish and show case in your house.
You have the point there too. But in the fish place, why rent a pond? If it just need sunlight or whatever, just put the tank near to our window and solve the problem. :P
ImageImageImageImage

crossback
JEDI
JEDI

Post by crossback » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:16 pm

Backslash wrote:
LauLanChu wrote:
You have the point there too. But in the fish place, why rent a pond? If it just need sunlight or whatever, just put the tank near to our window and solve the problem. :P
first place issit..kekek :twisted:
sometimes is space constraint ba...

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:12 pm

crossback wrote: first place issit..kekek :twisted:
sometimes is space constraint ba...
Alot of people stay high rise with space constraint. To give the best to the fish, they resort to renting pond. It depends on how much sacrifies you want to give to this hobby. For me definitely a NO NO, as I will make the fish fits into my way of keeping rather then the other way round. :)
LauLanChu

tan
DOLPHIN
DOLPHIN

Post by tan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:35 pm

what the point of keeping fish if you can only view them once a week