LCK Farm Visit

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:27 am

It depend on how much time you want to commit to this hobby. You can see them daily if you want to commit, just like you go to work daily. Just that how long you can sustain. A matter of give and take. :)
LauLanChu

pykoh
WHALE
WHALE

Post by pykoh » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:57 pm

tan wrote:what the point of keeping fish if you can only view them once a week
I agree with what LLC has stated, it is how committed or passionate you are about the hobby. At least for me, there is a good reason for renting pond (primarily due to grooming and space constraint).

If you want to keep your fishes at home for your viewing pleasure and does not really matter if your fish is improving as time goes by, you are just a normal hobbyist. Nothing wrong with this.

However, there are people who besides keeping fishes would go to great length to ensure that their fishes improve as time goes by (or even breed them). Renting pond is trying to give the fishes what they cannot provide at home.

wolverine
Administrator
Administrator

Post by wolverine » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:06 pm

tan wrote:what the point of keeping fish if you can only view them once a week
Well, imagine, you have a pond to groom the fish, and you get to rotate the fish between your beautiful display tank back at home and the pond... ... isn't that good?

Sometime you enjoy the hobby so much that you don't mind spending time in the pond. In fact, i'm one of those that enjoy staying in the farm.

So i guess, this is very subjective, and i admire those hobbyists that have the passion to keep pond. :)