Bangkok expedition?

pacificbetta
TUNA
TUNA

Bangkok expedition?

Post by pacificbetta » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:58 pm

Any kakee interested to cheong the BKK's fish markets/farms in May?
Edwin
Singapore

Backslash
HERO
HERO

Re: Bangkok expedition?

Post by Backslash » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:14 am

pacificbetta wrote:Any kakee interested to cheong the BKK's fish markets/farms in May?
You have ways to bring them back?
ImageImageImageImage

Stormy
UNICORN
UNICORN

Post by Stormy » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:51 am

lol thats a very good question. i would like that too if we can bring em back safely

Goldling
DRAGON
DRAGON

Post by Goldling » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:00 am

I am planning a Farm Visit soon. Will gather all enthusiasts. PM me if interested.

Itinary: Friday - Sunday (3 Days)

Transport, Accomodation and Food will be provided. Importing of selected goldfishes can be arranged as well.
ImageImage

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:27 am

That would be interesting and eye opener. Normally farm visit in Thailand will not be allowed without anybody to link you out. A great oppotunity not to be missed!
LauLanChu

pacificbetta
TUNA
TUNA

Post by pacificbetta » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:46 am

You have ways to bring them back?
On Singapore end, each travellor is allowed to carry x fishes in y amount of water. BKK end, they never checked, even caught no big deal what :P Exceed that amount, go to ava to get a personal permit loh, takes 2 trips to Maxwell and few tens of dollars only, of course must get permit b4 goto BKK lah.

As to whether the fishes will make it safely, well, it is a gamble. So the cost differential between BKK prices and SG prices must justify the risks.

As a newB collector now, I will not be buying in quantities to justify too much work, otherwise I will just call on personal favours to do my own shipment.

Actually the main thing about cheonging BKK farms is the fun derived in trying to pick your fish from among the thousands of peices that already caught your fancy :kiss Not to mention, the prices are so much cheaper over there if you get into the farm without a middleman. And cheonging with kakis are sooooo :Party
I am planning a Farm Visit soon. Will gather all enthusiasts. PM me if interested.
Itinary: Friday - Sunday (3 Days)
Transport, Accomodation and Food will be provided. Importing of selected goldfishes can be arranged as well.
I will be MOST interested. I have a few questions though.

1. Are we paying SG prices or thai prices + S/H charges + Admin fee?
2. Going only to NK farm? Or multiple farms? Which is the furthest, say if we meaure by travelling time.
3. If I choose to extend stay, can arrange or not? 3 days not ennough for me to say hi to my friends and ex business partners in BKK, let alone need to reserve time off to cheong the farms.

On 2nd thoughts, may could be a bad time, need to reserve time for aquarama and also cash to buy some stuff that are normally not available commonly in SG.

PS: We also need to support specialy LFS shops hor, if they go, our hobby will also face a difficult sourcing issue.
Edwin
Singapore

Goldling
DRAGON
DRAGON

Post by Goldling » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:01 pm

1. To visit NK Farm and other farms as well. Usually a 3 days event will consist of at least 3 Farms.

2. All prices will be in SG. Includes Shipping Charges and Admin Charges. Collection of fishes will be from NK Farm Singapore. Shipment date will be published.

3. Individual Extended stay can be arranged. Though most of us will come back by Sunday.

4. We have limited openings, on first come first serve basis only.
ImageImage

pacificbetta
TUNA
TUNA

Post by pacificbetta » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:13 pm

2. All prices will be in SG. Includes Shipping Charges and Admin Charges. Collection of fishes will be from NK Farm Singapore. Shipment date will be published.
Miscommunication lah, I mean, do we pay singpaore prices like SGD180-380 per fish? And if I buy 6 fishes I may be paying up to SGD2000 for all? That will be pretty steep considering that the importer no longer shoulder the risks of unsold fishes.
3. Individual Extended stay can be arranged. Though most of us will come back by Sunday.
Well, I cannot commit without knowing the date first, but put me down for a tentative slot!
Edwin
Singapore

Goldling
DRAGON
DRAGON

Post by Goldling » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:33 pm

Premium Grade goldfishes in Thailand are not as cheap as we thought they are. A high grade fish can even cost up to 4 figures excluding shipping and admin charges. We will take volumn discount into consideration.

The benefits of farm visit are as follows:

1) First to choose. See the fishes "Live" before selecting
2) Experiencing Closed Farm visit not open to public
3) Educational Tour
4) You can buy as many fishes as you like without worrying about importing regulations.
5) NK Farm Singapore will bear the risks of transporting the fish to SG in prime condition.
ImageImage

bbgoldfish
Former Staff Member

Post by bbgoldfish » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:31 pm

That's good idea to visit farm by yourself. Because some criteria of hobbyist when you select the fish are very different style. Some fish I think not nice but somebody tell me that very nice???? I heard from my Thai friend which take the foreigner to visit farms, he told me that every vision are very different.

I heard the roughly schedule for 3 days, can visit around 6-7 farms (banpong, bkk). Some farms aren't allow if you haven't connection. And can visit Jatujak market for shopping many things.

And the most important (my idea) is knowledge from farms for grooming the fish. You cannot learn from everywhere except from farms.
ImageImageImageImage

Naotaka
UNICORN
UNICORN

Farm Visit

Post by Naotaka » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:31 am

I have taken part in farm visit before,we pay thai baht to the farmers directly with the help of an interpreter.There are different size different grade of fishes all different prices from very cheap to very expensive.

Food,hotel & transport we paid in Sg before trip.Tiger airticket we book ourselves.3 days visit is something like this:
Friday: 6.30am depart Singapore
8.30am arrive in BKK
11 am check in hotel at Banpong province
Noon Lunch
1.30 to 6pm visit 2 to 3 farms
6.30 to 7pm dinner ,after dinner shopping,massage,supper ......

Sat : More or less the same

Sun : After breakfast depart to go BKK for 1 BKK farm visit and go to
jatujak market.About 8pm fly back to SG.
naotaka ImageImage