3rd Banpong Fish Festival

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:08 am

ferdi wrote:
waw...very nice coloration n good body form...just a lil' missed with the curve...like this :kiss
The short fall of this fish is the back curve plateur off and slight clipping on the tail, but overall is a very nice fish. Good deportment, balance and active swimmer, and the colour is a big rarity. This boils down to overall beauty or minute details.

PS: Want to make this a more educational thread. Hope the organizer or owner don't mind when we comment about the fish of a past event.
LauLanChu

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:14 am

Some blackie discussion. Those blackie players should realize the blackies there are two main type of head strain, the normal cauliflower and the boxer head. The latter also have a slightly more elongated body shape. Now the boxer head is kind of rare here. I once saw the boxer head in QH many years back, but now in market hardly find any. So anyone see a boxer head here let me know. Which is more to your liking?

Normal

Boxer
LauLanChu

fd3s
NYMPH
NYMPH

Post by fd3s » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:04 pm

Personally prefer the first type, perhaps it's closer to what we see more often.

The boxer head... reminds me of a blank faced ghost... You know the kind in cheap chinese movies, has everything except for eyes, nose and mouth, basking in green lighting?

LLC, I don't know if the above 2 fish were placed in the show, but based on headgrowth alone, how did they score as compared to the other? Genuine question.

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:17 pm

fd3s wrote:
LLC, I don't know if the above 2 fish were placed in the show, but based on headgrowth alone, how did they score as compared to the other? Genuine question.
Good question. One may think is not apple to apple. Sometime we got to acknowledge the different type and grade them according to balance, eveness....
LauLanChu

fd3s
NYMPH
NYMPH

Post by fd3s » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:47 pm

LauLanChu wrote:
fd3s wrote:
Good question. One may think is not apple to apple. Sometime we got to acknowledge the different type and grade them according to balance, eveness....
so in the case of the two fish above, both have very good headgrowth, how did the judges rate their headgrowth with regards to the other?

Just an academic exercise using the two photos above.

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:36 pm

IMO both are good headgrowth, which one is better not appropriate to comment.
LauLanChu

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:52 pm

Link to fish-hub on event reporting. Save a bit of effort in posting.
http://www.fish-hub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6598

One thing I can see though situation is chaotic there, the fish event is very well supported by the gov body and fishery.
LauLanChu

crossback
JEDI
JEDI

Post by crossback » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:45 pm

LauLanChu wrote:Link to fish-hub on event reporting. Save a bit of effort in posting.
http://www.fish-hub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6598

One thing I can see though situation is chaotic there, the fish event is very well supported by the gov body and fishery.
wow..can see your side view..hohoho

Tonkaholics
QILIN
QILIN

Post by Tonkaholics » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:19 pm

LauLanChu wrote:
Tonkaholics wrote:
LauLanChu wrote:Now for the Siamese Ranchu (Blackie) fans. Note stringent criteria, eyes must not be seen.
Love the blackie!! And I read that vets would operate on the wen to allow the fish to be able to see.
I actually checked around and was told these fishes isn't blind. They have small window hole for the fish to see. Believe?
I really don't know, Mr LLC.

Tonkaholics
QILIN
QILIN

Post by Tonkaholics » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:23 pm

LauLanChu wrote:Some blackie discussion. Those blackie players should realize the blackies there are two main type of head strain, the normal cauliflower and the boxer head. The latter also have a slightly more elongated body shape. Now the boxer head is kind of rare here. I once saw the boxer head in QH many years back, but now in market hardly find any. So anyone see a boxer head here let me know. Which is more to your liking?

Normal

Boxer
Wow... both blackies have very well-developed heads!! Very nice..

Personal preference is the one above, the "Normal" because there is more texture which I prefer...but i must say again that both have very well- developed wen. If anyone ever makes me a present of a little blackie ranchu, regardless of which one it is, I will NEVER say "No!"
*LOL*

Tonkaholics
QILIN
QILIN

Post by Tonkaholics » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:43 pm

HNLim wrote:
Tonkaholics wrote:Personal preference is the one above, the "Normal" because there is more texture which I prefer...but i must say again that both have very well- developed wen. If anyone ever makes me a present of a little blackie ranchu, regardless of which one it is, I will NEVER say "No!"
*LOL*
Why you always looking for free gift?
If the giver is a happy and willing giver, I'm a happy and willing receiver. :)
"Life is not lost by dying; life is lost minute by minute, day by day, in all the thousand small, uncaring ways." ---Stephen Vincent Benet

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.

http://wearetheworldfoundation.org/

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:41 pm

Who don't want freebies?
LauLanChu

ferdi
DOLPHIN
DOLPHIN

Post by ferdi » Sat May 01, 2010 12:48 am

LauLanChu wrote:
ferdi wrote:
waw...very nice coloration n good body form...just a lil' missed with the curve...like this :kiss
The short fall of this fish is the back curve plateur off and slight clipping on the tail, but overall is a very nice fish. Good deportment, balance and active swimmer, and the colour is a big rarity. This boils down to overall beauty or minute details.

PS: Want to make this a more educational thread. Hope the organizer or owner don't mind when we comment about the fish of a past event.
:H :H :H

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Sat May 01, 2010 3:49 pm

Class of Lionchu
LauLanChu

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Sat May 01, 2010 6:19 pm

Class of Open
LauLanChu