chinese ryukin

SpaXx
WHALE
WHALE

chinese ryukin

Post by SpaXx » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Image 18cm

Image 17cm

any comment to this 2 ryukins?which piece better? bad or good comment are welcomed

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:17 pm

The first piece is better, tail spread and hump and balance.
LauLanChu

nygold
DRAGON
DRAGON

Post by nygold » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:27 pm

WOW SpaXx both pieces are very nice. I have to agree with LLC that
the first fish looks better. The colors are GREAT the tail and body are near perfect great fish. I believe the second fish is as good as the first but it looks like it was mooving forward in the picture.
SpaXx don't ever second guess you ability to choose GREAT fish you got it spot on. Good Job.

SpaXx
WHALE
WHALE

Post by SpaXx » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:49 am

LauLanChu wrote:The first piece is better, tail spread and hump and balance.
does this fish had a potential to grow giant ? im still new in groom ryukin paiseh
Last edited by SpaXx on Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

SpaXx
WHALE
WHALE

Post by SpaXx » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:50 am

nygold wrote:WOW SpaXx both pieces are very nice. I have to agree with LLC that
the first fish looks better. The colors are GREAT the tail and body are near perfect great fish. I believe the second fish is as good as the first but it looks like it was mooving forward in the picture.
SpaXx don't ever second guess you ability to choose GREAT fish you got it spot on. Good Job.
i like the 1st piece body profile but i like the 2nd piece coloration. will try to groom them well. im still new to ryukin anyway.

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:29 pm

SpaXx wrote:does this fish had a potential to grow giant ? im still new in groom ryukin paiseh
Yes and no. It is difficult to grow Ryukin in indoor 'captive' environment, you need alot of space and outdoor and maybe GW (I know somebody will not be happy when I said that).
LauLanChu

SpaXx
WHALE
WHALE

Post by SpaXx » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:14 pm

LauLanChu wrote:
SpaXx wrote:does this fish had a potential to grow giant ? im still new in groom ryukin paiseh
Yes and no. It is difficult to grow Ryukin in indoor 'captive' environment, you need alot of space and outdoor and maybe GW (I know somebody will not be happy when I said that).
u mean master L**? :H :H

nygold
DRAGON
DRAGON

Post by nygold » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:26 pm

Those 2 fish have great potential. What kind of tank or tub are you keeping them in. I also like BIG fish, to me it truely separates a really good fish from a really great fish. That's one thing I wanted to ask HNLim if he had any success raising GIANT Oranda or any other BIG fish in his setup. LLC maybe you should ask him? Your better at understanding his answers. I suck at riddles.

nygold
DRAGON
DRAGON

Post by nygold » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:35 am

The longest TVR I have raised in my tub(that was before I convert all my tubs to tanks) was 23 cm (9.2inches) and the longest oranda was 10 inches (23.5cm) in my current tank set-up. This TVR raised from a 12cm tosai bought from Dreamfish. The oranda was self-bred. Took about two years to reach that length.
Wow that's huge. I didn't even know tvr's got that big.

SpaXx
WHALE
WHALE

Post by SpaXx » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:33 am

HNLim wrote:
nygold wrote:
The longest TVR I have raised in my tub(that was before I convert all my tubs to tanks) was 23 cm (9.2inches) and the longest oranda was 10 inches (23.5cm) in my current tank set-up. This TVR raised from a 12cm tosai bought from Dreamfish. The oranda was self-bred. Took about two years to reach that length.
Wow that's huge. I didn't even know tvr's got that big.
Don't let people tell you that you cannot raise big and good goldfish in the comfort of your apartment. Just because many "pro" cannot do that does not means that you cannot also.
lets tell a story : 1 day a teach ask all the student in the class to fold a paper plane and fly the plane to the board. but no body success in doing it. then the teacher squeeze a paper into a ball form and threw it to the board and tell all the student, y cant a plane made in a round form? :H :H perhaps this is what sifu lim want to express to us. anyway sorry for the poor english translation paiseh

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:59 pm

HNLim wrote: Don't let people tell you that you cannot raise big and good goldfish in the comfort of your apartment. Just because many "pro" cannot do that does not means that you cannot also.
Just like once I heard someone said you cannot raise good GF in CW, and now was proven deadly wrong by the Thai.

If you always think that's the only way that will be the only way.

Sky is the limit, explore, explore!!
LauLanChu

wolverine
Administrator
Administrator

Post by wolverine » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:58 pm

i'm been away for awhile, not sure it is too late to join in the discussion.

Just like to add a point that it is proven. Members of Fynnmood club have commonly and successfully keep a 2-inch goldfish, especial oranda to 6-7 inch in an indoor tank. Also for dragon-eye.

Ranchu can reach about 5 inches (slightly longer time).

However, for ryukin, i have not able to achieve to giant size as what some other hobbyists did it.

SpaXx
WHALE
WHALE

Post by SpaXx » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:12 pm

the RW ryukin house in a quarantine tank since i got him home last week. he's now in the QT tank for more than a week. recover from whitespot and then infected by gill fluke/disease. it can swim lively now and the sudden rapid gill movement has gone away but the fish still dont eat. im about worry since he dont eat for about 20days already ( plus few days QT in LFS ) :sad: :sad:

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:55 pm

Goldfish show little or no interest in food something is not quite right. If you afraid the hunger strike will kill the fish, try enticing it to eat. Normally live feed is more enticing then pellet, and if there is competition on food some fish will also follow and chase for the food. Try feeding limited amount.
LauLanChu

SpaXx
WHALE
WHALE

Post by SpaXx » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:34 am

thanks god, he's totally recover now after i change to formalin to treat on his gill disease and he start to eating now :H :H now i start to feed him with small amount pallet mixed with garlic powder and antibiotic :Party :Party