Hi, I'm new here, take a look of my new butterfly, thanks

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:56 am

Probably need an indept study of what is in the socket of the eyes as they protrude. Profound.
LauLanChu

wolverine
Administrator
Administrator

Post by wolverine » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:20 pm

'Due to the flaw in genetic' as LLC correctly put it. As i understand, as the eye grew bigger, the more likely the fish will go blind.

Dragon eyes is the most appreciated goldfish variety in the 'goldfish birth land' of China... ... The way to keep it is easy but need skill to groom a beautiful one, just like japanese ranchu.

But due to the fact that it is so cheaply available, it seems inferior to other varieties, this is sad.

i have seem very highly priced dragon eye or butterfly, but i never seem them outside China. Despite protruding eyes, these fish eyes is as sharp as any other varieties of goldfish.

China have the term bloodline for dragon eye for many many years, but it was never strike the interest of hobbyists compared to the bloodline of japanese ranchu.

These bloodline are define by the hardness of the fin ray, the shape and control size of a healthy eye. And also body shape and colour pattern.

LauLanChu
Former Staff Member

Post by LauLanChu » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:51 pm

HNLim wrote: The whole idea of keeping DE is to have the eyes as big as possible. Just like keeping tikus, you want it to be as round as possible. No point keeping DE with small eyes.
This is like oranda having wen should be as much or as big as possible.
LauLanChu

dctan10
FAIRY
FAIRY

Re: Hi, I'm new here, take a look of my new butterfly, than

Post by dctan10 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:06 pm

redface wrote:Image

How's it? :H
I know nothing about deminkin but like the short body & color combination. Beautiful fish.....

wolverine
Administrator
Administrator

Post by wolverine » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:15 am

hmmmmmmm.............

Dragon-eye is to have eyes as big as possible?
Oranda is to have wen as big as possible?

Guess, in most contacts, it is the way.........but, (if i may share my personal opinon) i hope new hobbyists that have just started goldfish keeping should really consider the overall balance as 'beauty' rather than the excessive elaborate of certain feature. :)

Keyword: Healthy fish = beautiful fish.
Over excessive grow of certain feature, might create unbalance, fish not able to control its movement, uncontrollable movement leads to unhealthy. Unhealthy = Not beautiful.

dctan10
FAIRY
FAIRY

Post by dctan10 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:37 am

wolverine wrote:hmmmmmmm.............

Dragon-eye is to have eyes as big as possible?
Oranda is to have wen as big as possible?

Guess, in most contacts, it is the way.........but, (if i may share my personal opinon) i hope new hobbyists that have just started goldfish keeping should really consider the overall balance as 'beauty' rather than the excessive elaborate of certain feature. :)

Keyword: Healthy fish = beautiful fish.
Over excessive grow of certain feature, might create unbalance, fish not able to control its movement, uncontrollable movement leads to unhealthy. Unhealthy = Not beautiful.
Hi wolverine,

I like the way you express this statement (Healthy fish = beautiful fish). Can I also say that a hungry fish = healthy fish ? I totally agree with your overgrow statement.

I always got the intention to choose the big wen fish. I meet a fellow @ a fish farm, he total me not to choose fish with big wen but choose a average cause the average wen fish still got the potiential to develop the wen. As for the big wen the fish will already grown with maximum, it wouldn't grew any further. True or not I don't know but sound logi..... May be you can advice.

Thank You

nismokidz
MARLIN
MARLIN

Post by nismokidz » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:08 pm

How's it? :H [/img]
What a beautiful fish!!!

:love :love :love

wolverine
Administrator
Administrator

Post by wolverine » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:08 am

dctan10 wrote: Hi wolverine,
As for the big wen the fish will already grown with maximum, it wouldn't grew any further. True or not I don't know but sound logi..... May be you can advice.

Thank You
hi dctan,

The wen will continue to grow if given the right food and condition, but the grow rate will slow down as it gets 'bigger'.

If a fish has a nice headgrowth matching the body size, then i think it is a good fish to choose instead of one with the same body size but less wen (headgrowth). In short, it still come down to overall balance.

Perhaps the gentleman is trying to suggest you to get a fish with 'potential' rather than a 'finish' fish.
'Finish' fish is usually term by hobbyists that the fish has reached its most beautiful stage and it would not be able to groom any nicer.
'Potential' fish is fish that has a lot of room to to grow and become more beautiful than its present stage.

But be careful with the term 'potential'. Sad to say, it is not uncommon for some to sell an inferior fish as potential fish.

dctan10
FAIRY
FAIRY

Post by dctan10 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:42 am

wolverine wrote:
As for the big wen the fish will already grown with maximum, it wouldn't grew any further. True or not I don't know but sound logi..... May be you can advice.

Thank You
hi dctan,

The wen will continue to grow if given the right food and condition, but the grow rate will slow down as it gets 'bigger'.

If a fish has a nice headgrowth matching the body size, then i think it is a good fish to choose instead of one with the same body size but less wen (headgrowth). In short, it still come down to overall balance.

Perhaps the gentleman is trying to suggest you to get a fish with 'potential' rather than a 'finish' fish.
'Finish' fish is usually term by hobbyists that the fish has reached its most beautiful stage and it would not be able to groom any nicer.
'Potential' fish is fish that has a lot of room to to grow and become more beautiful than its present stage.

But be careful with the term 'potential'. Sad to say, it is not uncommon for some to sell an inferior fish as potential fish.
Thanks wolverine, now I understand..........

crossback
JEDI
JEDI

Post by crossback » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:29 pm

wolverine wrote:

Thank You
hi dctan,

what diet is good for butterfly/DE..?

takanada
DOLPHIN
DOLPHIN

Post by takanada » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:37 am

How's it? :H [/img]
cool...i like it
:blink
"I LOVE GOLDFISH"

wolverine
Administrator
Administrator

Post by wolverine » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:55 pm

crossback wrote: what diet is good for butterfly/DE..?
Genetically, Butterfly/DE has good digestive system compared to other varieties of goldfish.

Feeding bloodworm as main diet and supplement it with veg pellet can give very good result...........shhhhhhhhh..........this is another secret of mine don't let anyone know............hahahahaa

crossback
JEDI
JEDI

Post by crossback » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:01 am

wolverine wrote:
crossback wrote: what diet is good for butterfly/DE..?
Genetically, Butterfly/DE has good digestive system compared to other varieties of goldfish.

Feeding bloodworm as main diet and supplement it with veg pellet can give very good result...........shhhhhhhhh..........this is another secret of mine don't let anyone know............hahahahaa
Once a while good to share secrets... Hahaha kiddin